The Problem: All engines suffer from accelerated wear as a result of periodic dry starts especially today's high performance, fast starting
diesels. No engine is immune. Dry starts can occur in severe hot or cold weather, after prolonged shutdowns or following routine
The Solution. The Cummins Prelub™ system automatically, safely and quickly fills filters* and all oil passages prior to cranking - every
time your customer's engine starts. Even remote mount oil filters pose no problem. And should someone forget to put oil in
an engine, the Prelub system will not even allow the engine to begin cranking; a nice benefit that means added protection
and peace of mind.
The beauty of the design is its simplicity. Just turn the existing start switch. This rotates the starter armature and oil
pump (incorporated in the starter) for a few seconds until proper oil pressure is achieved. Then, and only then, will the
Simple Installation. Installing the Cummins Prelub system is as easy as changing a starter. Simply remove your customer's conventional starter
and install the Prelub starter. Attach two hoses, a pressure switch, a switch/timer assembly, a simple wiring harness and
you're done. Only three basic Prelub models fit virtually all Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit Diesel and other heavy duty diesel
applications. Air start applications can also be accommodated.
It Doesn't Cost-It Pays. A Cummins Prelub starter can save your customer thousands of dollars in engine overhaul costs. Pay-back period for the initial
investment can be as low as six months. And if the Prelub system saves just one turbo over the life of the engine overhaul,
it has virtually paid for itself.
Protect Your Customer's Equipment Investment. Recommend the patented Prelub starters in both New and ReCon models to your customers today! Prelub is a registered trademark
of RPM Industries, Inc.
- Eliminates "dry start" wear from severe hot and cold weather, after pro-longed shutdowns and following routine oil changes
- Builds oil pressure in seconds- before your engine cranks Protects your engine investment and avoids catastrophic failure
- Cummins New and ReCon models available
- Three basic models handle virtually all Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit Diesel and other heavy duty applications
- Fast, easy installation
- One year/unlimited mileage (kilometers)/unlimited hours warranty
- Backed by the largest independent service network in the world
*Excludes new filters. Please refer to the Operation and Maintenance Manual for new filter instructions.